Sunday 12 December 2010

Task 3c: Sources of information

As i said in the earlier task, my main source of information and networks has to be the Chickenshed Theatre, however from within the company their are more specific sources that are of great improtance to my own individual development:
  • The Chickenshed education programmes- I have written previous blogs regarding the nature of Chickenshed's education and its students, however it is the staff that have begun to inform my learning. Watching the teaching skills first hand has become invaluble as this is my most reponsive form of self-education. With each educator comes a variation of approach to the subject matter, however the core principles of inclusion are clear throughout'
  • Professionals of all levels- It has been important for me to discover the levels at which staff are expected to adhere to regardless of artisitc/teaching level. The 'heirarchy' has allowed me to develop an understanding of each staff members contribution to the work while having understanding of their own personal training and development. 
  • Communication via email-  Email has fast become my most valuble source of communication. It is a tool that i constantly utilise in order to sustain my contacts, and is something that i use purley as a professional communciation to create some sort of organisation.
  • Blogs- Using blogging sucessfully is a great way for me to question and query both my own and other's interpretations of the same/similar event's. Although not all shared expriences will be blogged by both parties it is interesting to read how it effected someone and why they felt it was important  to write a blog about it. For expample; Lucy's reflective writing task consited of a project that we both took part in; 'Carterhatch School Project'. It was eye-opening to read about her understanding of a project in which we both took part.
  • Linking my Profession to other things-  Although my interest for inclsuion lies within the arts, I have found it interesting to look at other areas where inclusion is being implemented. My part-time Job, for exmaple, is working at a health and fitness spa. Althought the lesuire industry is not particularly a place of interest for me, my curiosity led me to ask question regarding the inclusive practice and reading up on schemes such as the 'The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI)'. This has become an area where i can explore and expand my general knowledge of inclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment