Thursday 7 October 2010

First Blog

Ok so this is my first blog, I'm a bit of a technophobe so this is all a bit alien to me!

The last couple of weeks at the ChickenShed Theatre have been a bit crazy, as the new intake of BTEC students has been...controversial shall i say! I have been a part of their induction process, getting to know them and helping them to produce a performance using Chickenshed's Inclusive method which a lot of  them aren't used to. They are a year of 'character's' which, in my opinion isn't necessarily a bad thing.
My role within this process was a support one that allowed me to get to know them as individuals which i think will benefit me in my future work with them.

(image from google images, Chickenshed Theatre Copyright)

I have also been a part of the 'Tales from the Shed' team which has been great. I was involved with the team over Christmas and at the beginning of the year so it was nice to go back into it having had a break and taking on a more established role.
Lucy and i wrote our first Tales session plan this week which was a bit scary but it seems to be going well so far and i think we surprised ourselves at how much material we know already...within the session i have to play 'Brutus' the kangaroo which is fun but it means using a dodgy Australian accent and wearing a costume that makes you boil!


2 comments:

  1. Emma that image is from google but looks like a CST image? What is there position on using images from their website? I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i checked with them and they said its fine to use it but i need to say that it is from Chickenshed and its Chickenshed's copyright...which im going to change now!

    ReplyDelete